Assembly: EAP.Core (in EAP.Core.dll) Version: 188.8.131.52 (184.108.40.206)
[SerializableAttribute] public class Picklist : ICloneable, IEAPBase, ICacheable
<SerializableAttribute> Public Class Picklist Implements ICloneable, IEAPBase, ICacheable
Picklists are of a variety of PicklistType:
- StandardPicklist - This type of list is loaded from the metadata and supports the descriptive text in the current user’s culture (language).
- SQL - This type of list is loaded from one of the databases (can be an operational database or the repository) and can contain 1 to 5 columns of data:
- Column 1 - The Key. Loaded into Value. This is what is stored in the database.
- Column 2 - The DisplayText. Loaded into DisplayText. This is what is displayed to the user.
- Column 3 - The Discrim. Loaded into Discrim. This is used to create subsets within the picklist (e.g. states for various countries).
- Column 4 - The Enabler. Used to control Disabled in Attributes. When this column is in the query the value is treated as an integer where zero/null means disabled and any other value means enabled.
- Column 5 - The Group. Loaded into Group.
- Enum - This list is a 2 column Picklist loaded from a string type name as its source.
- Intrinsic - These are programmatically-generated, predefined platform lists as identified in IntrinsicPicklists.
- Countries - The set of countries as provided by the Windows System.Globalization.CultureInfo object.
- Cultures - The set of cultures as provided by the Windows System.Globalization.CultureInfo object.
- Currencies - The set of currencies as provided by the Windows System.Globalization.CultureInfo and RegionInfo objects.
- DaysOfTheWeek - The set of days of the week names as provided by Windows System.Globalization for the current date culture.
- MonthNames - The set of month names as provided by Windows System.Globalization for the current date culture.
- Timezones - The set of timezones as obtained from the Windows registry and managed by the platform TimeZones collection.
- NumericRange - This list is a simple numeric range (generally created dynamically).
- Custom - This is a custom, programmatically-generated list populated using a class (derived from PicklistDynamic) that has been registered as a CustomPicklist component.
For the most part, Picklists tend to have the LimitToList attribute set. This attribute means that the list has a key (hidden) and text (displayed). For example, if you had a column in a database that held an integer ID for a customer status you might create a Picklist like this: